Edwin A. Keller Jr.
800-231-4094 (Toll Free)
Eddie assists employers of all sizes navigate through the myriad of challenges that arise from the employer-employee relationship, including advising employers concerning litigation risk management, development and implementation of personnel policies, internal complaint investigations, union organizing, employee hiring and retention efforts and workforce reductions. Eddie defends employers in civil proceedings involving allegations of discrimination, harassment, wage and hour violations, wrongful termination, the misappropriation of trade secrets and other asserted wrongful conduct before Nevada's state and federal courts and before governmental bodies and administrative agencies, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the United States Department of Labor, the Nevada Equal Rights Commission and the Nevada Labor Commissioner. Eddie also represents employers in collective bargaining negotiations and arbitration matters.
In addition, Eddie serves as a Neutral Arbitrator. He is currently an Employment Panel Member of the American Arbitration Association.
After joining the firm in 1996, Eddie became a partner in 2003. His passion for labor and employment law stems from his personal experiences while employed by his family-owned bus company in Southern Maryland, which included a turbulent Teamsters Union-initiated employee strike in the late 1980s.
Eddie was selected by Best Lawyers® as the 2017 Lawyer of the Year in the field of Labor Law - Management for Las Vegas and the 2015 Lawyer of the Year in the field of Litigation - Labor & Employment for Las Vegas. He was also the recipient of the 2013 and 2014 Client Choice Award for Labor and Employment Law in Nevada by ILO and Lexology. Eddie has an AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. In the 2006 edition of Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Eddie is noted for his "first class strategy and communication skills" and ability to "keep his head even in the bloodiest of battles." He has also been recognized as a "Super Lawyer" in the 2010-2016 editions of Mountain States Super Lawyers.
He served as the Chairperson of the State Bar of Nevada's Section on Labor and Employment Law between June 2013 and June 2014 and the Editor-in-Chief of the Nevada Practitioners' Journal of Labor and Employment Law between June 2014 and June 2016. He is also a member of the American Bar Association's Section on Labor and Employment Law and the Society for Human Resource Management.
While attending American University's Washington College of Law, Eddie was a member of the American University Law Review and authored Death by Textualism: The NLRB's Incidental to Patient Care Supervisory Status Test for Charge Nurses," 46 American U.L. Rev. 575 (1996). Eddie also served as a contributing author of The Evidence Project: Proposed Revisions to the Federal Rules of Evidence with Supporting Commentary," 171 F.R.D. 300 (1997).
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Nevada, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 1998
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. cum laude - 1996
- Law Review: American University Law Review, Member
- The American University, School of Public Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1992
- Major: Justice
- "Stoked About Marijuana Related Accommodations In the Workplace?," Nevada Lawyer Online (Feb. 2015).
- "A Snapshot of the Nevada Legislature's Most Recent Restrictive Covenant Decisions," Nevada Lawyer Volume 21, Issue 10 (Oct. 2013).
- “Consideration of Employees’ Projected Retirement Dates Was Evidence of Age Bias,” Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Online Court Report (Feb. 6, 2012).
- “7th Circuit: Shifting Explanations for Employee’s Termination Warrant Trial of Retaliation Claim,” Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Online Court Report (March 3, 2011).
- “Quirks and Quagmires: Selected Issues Faced During Real-World Harassment Investigations,” Nevada Lawyer, Volume 17, Issue 11 (Nov. 2009).
- “9th Circuit: Wage and Hour Class Action Moved to Federal Court,” Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Online Court Report (Jan. 1, 2009).
- “Vigorous Law Enforcement — Vegas Style: Dealing With the EEOC and Its Las Vegas Office,” Nevada Lawyer, Volume 15, Issue 5 (May 2007).
- “Lipstick and Lawsuits: Can Sexual Stereotyping Claims Successfully Combat Appearance Discrimination,” International Association of Defense Counsel Newsletter (July 2005).
- “Give Me $5 Chips, a Jack and Coke - Hold the Cleavage: A Look at Employee Appearance Issues in the Gaming Industry,” 7 Gaming L. Rev. No. 5, at 335 (2003).
- “Two Issues of Retaliation Lawsuits Addressed - Clark County School District vs. Breeden: The U.S. Supreme Court Provides a Timely Reminder of the ‘Basics’ of Employment Harassment and Retaliation,” 9 Nevada Lawyer 6 (Oct. 2001).
- “Section V: The Electronic Workplace,” Workplace Privacy: Real Answers and Practical Solutions (Thompson Pub. Grp. 2000).
- “Will You Be Defenseless to Employee Handbilling?,” Nevada Labor Letter (Vol. VIII, No. 11, Nov. 1999).
- “When ‘You Have Mail’ Turns Into ‘You Have A Lawsuit,’” Communique (Dec. 1998).
- "The Evidence Project: Proposed Revisions to the Federal Rules of Evidence with Supporting Commentary," 171 F.R.D. 330 (1997).
- “Improve Your Company’s Health By Reducing Its ‘Salt’ Intake,” The Employer’s Handbook, Volume II (The Labor Letters, Inc., 1997).
- “Avoiding the High Costs of Retaliation Lawsuits,” Nevada Labor Letter (Vol. V, No. 10, Oct. 1997).
- “Death by Textualism: The NLRB's Incidental to Patient Care Supervisory Status Test for Charge Nurses,” 46 American U.L. Rev. 575 (1996).
- DeRosier v. Osbourne, A-13-689134-C (Nev. Dist. Ct.) (2013)
- Leon v. Wynn Las Vegas LLC, 08-A-578566-C (Nev. Dist. Ct.) (2008)
- CSC/DynCorp., 2007 WL 4824106, Lab. Arb. (BNA) (Silver, Arb.) (2007)
- Houston v. Wynn Las Vegas, LLC, 2:06-cv-01502 (D. Nev.) (2006)
- Desert Palace, Inc., d/b/a Caesar’s Palace, 336 N.L.R.B 271 (2001)
Honors and Awards
- AV® Preeminent™ Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating
- Best Lawyers®, 2007 - 2018
- Best Lawyers® 2017 Lawyer of the Year - Labor Law - Management - Las Vegas
- Best Lawyers® 2015 Lawyer of the Year - Litigation - Labor & Employment - Las Vegas
- Best Lawyers® 2014 Lawyer of the Year - Employment Law - Management - Las Vegas
- Client Choice Award - Employment & Labor - Nevada, 2013 - 2014
- Super Lawyer, Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2010 - 2017
- Desert Companion's Top Lawyers List 2012 - Arbitration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law & Litigation Sections, Member
- Nevada Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Practitioners' Journal of Labor and Employment Law , Editor-in-Chief June 2014 to June 2016
- State Bar of Nevada, Labor and Employment Law Section , Chairman June 2013 - June 2014; Vice Chairman June 2012 - June 2013; Section Member 2011
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
- State Bar of Nevada, Clients’ Security Fund, Vice Chairman 2010 – 2012; Committee Member 2005 - 2010
- Defense Research Institute, Regional Editor for Job Description 2003 - 2006
- Nevada American Inn of Court, Associate, 1997 - 1998